You can’t do Bustle without Hustle, and in the case of Kate Ward, Editor in Chief for Bustle Digital Group – publisher of Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, and The Zoe Report – Bustle has definitely been a part of her DNA.
From writing many of the company’s first articles, to managing the full scope of content today, Kate has witnessed the transformation of this content brand from a small team to more than 300 employees — and as a substantial player in landscape of digital publications.
Kate joins Socialfly Co-founder Courtney Spritzer in the MouthMedia Network studios for a conversation about building her company and her journey to success, along with a surprise and a brainstorm.
In this episode:
- How a random LinkedIn reach-out led to beer and nachos and ultimately to her journey with Bustle
- About her push to solve for efficiency and to be more prepared for what might come next
- The value of enriching minds by meeting people with different backgrounds
- Growing into more confidence and becoming a more emotional leader
- Why it is important to understand the emotional path and motivations of the people you work with
- How social media played a crucial role inn the success and growth of Bustle
- And — how reflection on the shared reality of eventual death — and our place in the world — can actually make you feel better.