Some entrepreneurs build businesses for fortune. Some for impact. Deepti Sharma is driven by passion.
As CEO and Founder of FoodtoEat, a community-minded catering concierge service, she connects immigrants, women and minority-owned food vendors to opportunities for growth – ultimately helping them strengthen their own business skills while helping businesses feed employees great food and build stronger & more diverse work cultures. She is also a Co-Founder of Bikky, a platform solving customer engagement for restaurants.
Deepti joins Socialfly Co-founder Courtney Spritzer in the MouthMedia Network studios for a conversation about building her company and her journey to success, along with a surprise and a brainstorm.
In this episode:
- Relentless resilience
- How waiting for a cookie inspired a business
- Motivating food cart operators to see themselves as business owners
- Starting as an online ordering platform
- Bringing value in helping food cart operators to grow and scale small businesses
- The best way to know what needs to happen is to talk with the end user
- Discovering why catering is the holy grail of the culinary world
- The first big-brand client, and helping them build culture through food
- Why biggest part of the business is concierge
- Deepti on why she’s eating 50% off the time
- Enabling businesses to start conversations about diversity by putting pictures of restaurant owners with the food they serve
- Why it matters to avoid thinking of team members as family
- The value of aiming purchasing power toward diversity
- And the importance of just getting things done